It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:55 pm

What to do with cue? 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post What to do with cue?
During the sessions on the DVD, the cue and TRN were projected on the screen. When I do my sessions, I have them on a piece of paper in front of me when I begin the session. I write the TRN on the first page of session notes. Am I supposed to read the cue first, or say it aloud or ??? I didnt see the students do anything with the cue in the DVD.

Last edited by lsilva on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:15 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: What to do with cue?
No. If you find that it helps you, you can say out loud the TRN or movement prompt.

Ideally, you don't worry about the cue at all when beginning your session. In that sense, a HARV session is just like any other blind session, because you are blind to the actual target, despite seeing the cue. I like comparing it to doing bank or billiard shots in a game of pool. Your cue is the pocket, but you have to hit in a different direction to get there.

>>

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:18 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

Thanks for the feedback. In the FM CD the only place the cue seems to appear is on the overhead screen. It is not on the envelopes. I assume I must at least know the cue that I used for the TRN. When I HARV I am not aware at all of the cue or even the goal to make money, so I guess that is ok.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:45 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

lsilva wrote:
I assume I must at least know the cue that I used for the TRN.

No. Again: RV is best done blind, i.e. oblivious to the target. In HARV that is achieved because the cue does not yield evidence to the contents of the actual viewing target, so it does not hurt to know it. But one doesn't have to.

>>

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:47 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

Interesting. The cue is not on the envelopes. It is in my trading plan in a separate envelope (the plan is referenced in the cue instead of an indicator). Are you saying that an HARV viewer doesnt even have to know his cue with the market, time frame, indicator? I am lost now. I get a new TRN whenever I change my cue or plan. Doesnt the cue have to be written down somewhere or at least be known by someone?

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:07 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

The cue does need to be written down/printed out to "lock it in" with the TRN numbers.

Blind means you only know the TRN and not what it references prior to starting the session.

There are many ways to set up blind targets yourself. Thankfully, kocmodpom on the forum has setup and convenient excel document to help with this.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5192&hilit=excel

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:14 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

True, but that spreadsheet does not work for HARV targets. bstuart definitely knows this, but Isilva probably doesn't.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:24 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Ah sorry if that was confusing, just meant blind targets in general. HARV takes a bit more setup. Thanks for clarifying kocmodpom.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:32 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

lsilva wrote:
Are you saying that an HARV viewer doesnt even have to know his cue with the market, time frame, indicator?

Yes. The connection is made by properly setting up the target reference materials, regardless of where they are. You could ask another remote viewer to do a session and only give him the TRN.

Don't forget, there is always a margin of error, so if a significant investment depends on it, only a statistically relevant number of trials should be deemed reliable.

>>

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:56 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

Thanks for all the feedback! So having the cue in my trading plan when I get the TRN is enough to establish the reference? Once I get the TRN, I have been writing it on the envelope with the trading plan in it. (I get new TRN whenever the plan changes.) I dont need to have the cue visible to me before or during my session. One less thing to have to do :)

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:15 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

It's pretty tough to get a complete picture of how you've got your target reference material set up. If you are diverging from the method exactly as taught on the DVD then you either need to be 100% confident about what you're doing, or have a pro review it for you.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

The only difference is my cue refers to a trading plan kept in a third envelope. I got that idea on this board. I posted my cue here and got valuable feedback. Is there anything else I should get reviewed?

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:03 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

The most important thing of all is:

If you are running mostly HARV sessions with frequency then it is highly likely your accuracy will deteriorate (anecdotal and statistical evidence) to worse than chance. If you are doing things the right way 65% accuracy is easily attainable.

When I mention frequency, I mean 2 things. More than half of your sessions are HARV and you are running HARV more than 1-2 a week.

To be more clear, if you are 3 HARV sessions a week, you better be running the same or greater number of full sessions to compensate. Why? Novelty and other factors.

The Major has devised ways around that limitation but they are proprietary and require the highest of skill level (thousands of sessions).

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:50 pm
Profile WWW