It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Cue for a mathematical equation 
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post Cue for a mathematical equation
In the utilisation of RV for mathematical research. I wondered whether anyone had any experience of using RV to optimise a mathematical equation/theorom/alogarithm/formulae?

My guess is that somehow the Cue would need to state the non mathemeatical name or purpose of the equation/theorom/formulae/alogarithm then an alpha-numeric expression of the equation/theorom/formulae/alogarithm finally the word optimise? Has anyone any experience of doing this?

What might be interesting is to learn is whether any unknown factors that could enhance a purpose have been uncovered.....

curious as ever bescot

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:10 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Cue for a mathematical equation
Example RV cue setup:

[nnnn/nnnn] Navier-Stokes equations/optimal solution

P.S. - You 'guess' too much

P.P.S. - 'Wonder' is okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5_y0s-COl8&feature=related

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Thanks I shall w :shock: :P nder more and guess less :D

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:44 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

Talking of wonderng more. This discussion group exists for more than just discussing the actual viewing process itself. There must be a more developed and evolved analysis angle to it as well.

I wondered therefore Ed or anyone else who could contribute, could you post images of a session that actiually was targeted at a mathematical equation. I really wonder what they must look like and significantly how the improvement/otimialisation of the equation concerned evolves.

I am thinking that just numbers and letters appearing by themselves would need a lot of interpretation and by a mathmatician of great enough specific ability to do so.

Please Ed show us how is this done?

Thanks always Bescot

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Very interesting subject. I think it's very difficult to pinpoint mathematical symbols in the S.T, the session's outcome would be more like metaphorical/conceptual data due the nature of the target.

It would be hard to analyze even if you run additional movements. It should be some tool --pretty new to us-- within the protocol, to attack these problems.

If there exist a way to get dates, size of the objects, and events/things/persons location, it's rational think that it does exist. But that doesn't mean that you can't figure it out for yourself.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 am
Profile YIM
Extreme User
Extreme User

Thanks for the response nelsontr. Major Dames speaks frm experience of these cues and targets hence him giving me the cue. I just wondered how he had worked with them once he had worked the target, and had the results to analyse?

There must be a processing that he and others will have worked, I was curious to know more.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:57 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Maintain that curiousity, Bescot -- it just might pay off in the end.

What makes you 'think' that any possible RV resultant answer (or answers) to a problem set ensemble such as this would result in a numerically-based solution, in the first place?

Try extracting your mind from all of those many, conditioned 'thought boxes.'

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Excellent point though I do still wonder how things have gone on in the past with this problem. lopts of food for thought on this one thanks Ed.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:41 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I love to employ RV in cases like these, and want to continue this discussion -- and possible solution pursuit. It's simply a matter of 'finding time' (as the saying goes) on my end to do so.

Stay well.

Ed

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

I have had a lesson today to remind me about correct cueing and it's significance. Moving on and looking at Ed's mathematical equation cue I wondered what should be actually put in the place where he has stated Navier-Stokes. Is it the actual equation(as there seem to be several Navier -Stokes equations), or just the word based phrase as Ed has put it?

[nnnn/nnnn] Navier-Stokes equations/optimal solution

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

An actual, specific mathematical equation can be substituted. You'd better be a damned good RVer to run something of this complexity, though.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Thanks very much for clarifying this for me Ed, this aspect of RV is very very interesting. Running both sessions the numeric equation itself or just the word title, would be an interesting comparison analysis. You have gotten me thinking. :idea: 8)

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:55 am