It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:19 am

Anybody home? 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Anybody home?
I have ordered the sport betting DVD but I hasn't yet arrived. I thought I might be able to get a jump start on things by visiting the forum early but there doesn't seem to be much going on in here.

Has the sports betting initiative been abandoned?

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:51 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Anybody home?
What you need to know about setting up targets of this nature is detailed in the DVD. Everything else comes from a mastery of remote viewing in general application.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

kocmodpom wrote:
What you need to know about setting up targets of this nature is detailed in the DVD. Everything else comes from a mastery of remote viewing in general application.

Mastery huh? Perhaps then my ordering of this was slightly premature! Hope it comes with a dust jacket...

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:12 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hi SurfinBird,

Quote:
Has the sports betting initiative been abandoned?

I would suppose there are a few viewers working at it quietly. Most of them wouldn't want to air-out their work on the net. Haven't you heard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

:wink:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:08 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hi monkey99.

That is exactly where my username came from!! That episode was playing in the background when I was trying to come up with a user name. That Youtube link was part of my signature for a little while but I removed it because I didn't think anyone would get it. You've inspired me to put it back!

Back to sports betting:

I'm not sure how long it will take to obtain a 'mastery' level of RV but I'm assuming its years. Ordinarily, this would not be a problem for me because I've made a commitment to learning this. However, after having listened to Dr. Dooms' radio spots on Coast to Coast, I am not entirely certain there is sufficient time remaining to gain a masterly level.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

If you have completed the DVDs and about 50 blind sessions you are probably good enough so long as you alternate targets regularly.

Where you will crash and burn is running predominantly one class of RV target over and over and over again, e.g. photo-based targets (sportsbetting).

Novelty will get you about 7-10 sessions in with excellent results, but ennui and your unconscious will destroy you if you don't master other things like finding your sanctuary.

I had a very good topic on target variation somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hi kocmodpom:

kocmodpom wrote:
If you have completed the DVDs and about 50 blind sessions you are probably good enough so long as you alternate targets regularly.

I am at target 6 / DVD 3 right now, so perhaps I won't have to wait as long as I thought to start working on some sport betting targets here and there.

kocmodpom wrote:
Where you will crash and burn is running predominantly one class of RV target over and over and over again, e.g. photo-based targets (sportsbetting).

Thanks for pointing that out. I imagine once I become better at this I will be doing some team-based missing children projects. There are also some great open projects on this site that one could 'sprinkle in' to ensure target diversity as well.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:20 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Quote:
I had a very good topic on target variation somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now.

Saw the following discussion in RVRobot authored, "Common Mistakes Intermediate Viewers Make". Kosmo, you were quoted from "Project Pickles".

Quote:
f(depth, purpose, scope)

depth implies that you should be varying the level of detail between your session projects. An HARV session runs only to S4[X]. A geoloc type session runs to S.T. and maybe a target geometry. An optimum trajectory or other complex project can have you generating 30-50 pages of data by element exploration. The Major has said in a number of workshops that after gaining proficiency in RV to the S.T., if you don't push past that and explore elements (with a new S3 freehand, basically a new session like on purpose, function etc.) and do S6, you will stagnate and regress in skill.

purpose implies that there should be variance in the subject matter. Don't get stuck turning everything into a location search. Mix in a good number of optimum trajectories or topical searches that won't tempt you to always run and try to find where something is.

scope means try to have a variance in the targets themselves. It is like purpose but more expansive. This could be a variance on a physical scale, (cosmological, macroscopic, microscopic) or targeting. Don't run everything front loaded, don't run everything blind. Don't run just photo targets. Also varying your targets between past, present, and future types of targets can help.

For example, if you are preoccupied with location searches, you will stagnate, as the depth is always the same (S.T. and a TG), purpose is always the same (location), and scope is always the same, an uninteresting, and murderous to the unconscious, building or field somewhere. If one persists in running more than 70% of their targets in one arena, other areas of their RV skill will atrophy.

...and that is bad.

IMO everyone should try to run at least one 50-page long totally blind session once every 6 months NOT ON A PHOTO TARGET AND NOT ON A CUE THAT GIVES YOU A PHOTO LIKE IMAGE. To clarify, blind means you have not seen the cue.

Good Stuff, if I may say so. Solid instruction.

SurfinBird, stick with these folks and you'll master your new skill in no time!

btw,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzIBt2WGYLI

monkey99

Last edited by monkey99 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:49 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Indeed, that is what I was looking for, thanks!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Awesome! What a great bit!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 am