It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:59 pm

The usefulness border in S4 
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post The usefulness border in S4
I hope I have the right part of the forum to enquire the following:

In the TRV/LRV protocol there is a maxim that two thirds of a page is as far as the credible data for S4 can be trusted. I believe that this came about due to simple analysis of statistics from sessions worked in the RV unit at Fort Mead.

I wonder whether today as an absolute (or otherwise) rule, that this is still the case? New students seem to be able to progress with RV much quicker than students of years gone by. There seems to be a process of development perhaps in the matrix itself. I wonder whether anyone has done any recent study to see whether S4 data beyond two thirds of a S4 sheet is now more viable than it was before?

Whilst training recently I became aware of the S4.5 level that occurs during S4 in TRV/LRV and in various other places in CRV. Interestingly I have also seen some CRV sessions, which have extended into several pages of S4 data that was good.

Does anyone have anything to add about whether this is something that is changing in the S4 level of TRV/LRV?

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:08 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: The usefulness border in S4
There is a good (empirical) reason why I instituted S4 truncation at the nominal two-thirds-down-the-page point. Feel free to experiment, however (I encourage that) -- outside of my cyberclassroom. In the meantime, consider performing non sequitur checks re. any future posts on your part.

Major Doom

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:33 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

[quote="Ed Dames"]There is a good (empirical) reason why I instituted S4 truncation at the nominal two-thirds-down-the-page point.

I respect the reason is empirical but would you tell us more? :D

Non sequitur check performed :roll: :oops: :D :oops: :D

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:55 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

It's a heuristic indicator. The actual reason is time rather than space, after about 10 minutes spent in S4 fatigue sets in and data can't be trusted anymore. Of course there can be more or less data before that, but the 2/3 border has shown to be a good average. If you get a slurry of sensories filling up the page fast, you may think it's safe to allow yourself taking more space, but — bang! — there it happened, you were thinking. It is also not a good idea to observe a clock, sandglass or other timing device while in session, it will most certainly distract.

>>

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:00 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

The hourglass tortoise (new species, btw) happens to be wise beyond its years.

Take note.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:30 am
Profile WWW