It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:43 pm

S4 - AOL/S - Rhyming Words 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post S4 - AOL/S - Rhyming Words
In some of my sessions I will get a word that doesn't make sense like "shorn" and then another like "forn" It is close to a word I should be getting but is not exactly the word so rather than waste too much time and lose the signal line I write them down in the AOL/S column and move on. After the session is over I can look at the que and see that the answer to the que was "Corn" If the solution involves a one syllable solution I won't get the first letter but the form of the word in this case "__O R N" In multiple syllable words I can get the first syllable sometimes. I am not sure if this is just trash or if there is something that I am doing wrong but what are you supposed to do with them when they pop in? Is this some higher level S_?

Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:14 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

1. There is no such thing as "an answer to a cue" [Note: 'cue' -- not "que" or "queue"] in the context that you have described.

2. Anecdotally, frequent use of rhyming words in S4 -- actually stream of consciousness-type data presentation (loss of taget connection) -- is suspect to experienced RV teachers, because it is indicative of chronic marijuana use. (I dismissed a student who was the wife of a famous movie director, for just this reason -- pot smokers cannot maintain focus upon a target).

3. Dump any auditory words in the trash column, not AOL/S (see my post re. what this column is used for), and keep them there. That's where they belong. Only in Stage 7 can 'verbals' be trusted.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:09 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I do not use pot or other recreational drugs and I try very hard to minimize exposure to 2nd hand pot smoke.

The rhyming has only happened once. first syllable of words has occured more than once.

I have only taken Hydergine FAS and have been previously prescribed ritalin. I have never done a session while under the influence of ritalin though. Are there any problems with these two pharmaceuticals?

Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:44 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

That's actually what I meant, i.e., a string of words all beginning with the same letter and/or syllable.

I have no experience with students on ritalin; one of the other professionals might have, however. (I do know that prozac does not appear to affect a session in any deleterious manner -- which is a good thing, because I've taught many people who were on it).

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:37 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

unfortunate choice of friends/party recently subjected me to a close encounter with 2nd hand marijuana smoke. I have been "locked out" for 2 months. If you have friends who partake stay away from them if you want to continue to learn. Major Dames speaks of truth concerning the effects of THC clouding the unconscious for extended periods of months.

Stay away from pot. Do not even go to a friends house who has smoked there in the past week. That herb can linger. Don't take the chance.

Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:10 am
Profile WWW