Question About S4 session mind... 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Question About S4 session mind...
I reallly wonder S4's un-consciousness...working process

Is S4's process just whether

" popping up your words(ex. stony , happy...like this)?"
while you're not thinking..like S2

or "something visible..while ths session like stone..water.."?

What is the S4's working process ..feeling ??

please answer me...

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:09 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Question About S4 session mind...
masterK,

I'm not sure I understand your question, but let's give it a try. We may come to the answer eventually.

Let's start with "the feeling." S4 doesn't 'feel' any different from S2. The character of the data may be different.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:53 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

In S4 you simply write down any words/ideas that enter awareness, and place them in the correct category. Sometimes you will get an impression of something but have to unconsciously search for a word that describes it, but there is no 'feeling' or 'viewing' or anything.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

thanks.. I'll keep it mind...

No feeling, No visible in S4

Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:01 am
Here a few ideas that might help:

Stage 4 is a variation of a Stage 2. We divide the percepts into categories and the data is now all on JUST ONE ASPECT such as [X].

The data tends to come in chunks or clusters. The data is more focused, often more rich, since there is more time on target and the precepts are all on that one aspect.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:52 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hello, I am a beginner. What is the difference between S4 data and S2 data (of X/A/B), other than being taken in any order? It seems like we're doing it twice.

Just so I am clear, I should only be writing down *words* that enter my head, and not words that describe *pictures* that enter my head? (Ed says on the DVD that mental pictures are always "trash".) I want to make sure I am not missing anything. Pictures spontaneously enter my head more so than words, and I list them under AOL. They are always incorrect when I finally see the target feedback. It seems strange to me that the only trustworthy data are *words*, especially since I am a visual thinker. (I know, you're not allowed to think during RV) Why can we trust words and not pictures, or am I missing something?
Thank you!

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:37 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

zorg wrote:
Pictures spontaneously enter my head more so than words, and I list them under AOL. They are always incorrect when I finally see the target feedback... Why can we trust words and not pictures, or am I missing something?
Thank you!

Our imaginations love pictures. But the data we want, the basic perception of the target's aspects, doesn't come through our imaginations.

We aren't really interested in *words* either. The word we write down is just a neutral way of recording the sensory percept data we have perceived. Words vary from language to language, but the underlying perception is common to all humans.

Last edited by Chartless on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:56 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

zorg wrote:
Hello, I am a beginner. What is the difference between S4 data and S2 data (of X/A/B), other than being taken in any order? It seems like we're doing it twice.

In stage 2 our connection to the target is really not very good. We capture perceptions of the target in a specific order designed to improve our connection. The data may not be all that accurate in stage 2, it could be mixed in with bits of imagination and memory. But every correct perception that we record in Stage 2 serves as part of a feedback loop to strengthen and improve our connection. In stage 3 our connection is even better. The sketching of the dimensions from stage 2 reinforces and improves our connection even more. Finally, in Stage 4, we have a good enough connection to the target that most of the perceptions we record (80%, sometimes more) can be trusted to be accurate, correct, and significant. Also, in S4 the data presents itself in the best order for our comprehension, and we don't try to force it to come in the same way that we force S2 percepts.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:11 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thank you, your S2/S4 description was very clear and helpful. One thing I'm still not clear about, though: basically, I don't know how to "feel" the data properly. You said "the underlying perception [of the data we want] is common to all humans", but how could you best describe the actual sensation I have of that data, if it is not pictures, or pictures of words? I don't want to skew the data by "looking for" or recording the wrong kind of perception. I think my problem is that normally when I receive information (consciously) it is through either words or pictures, and I don't know what other kind of communication can enter my mind, so these are basically the only things that enter my mind when I do S2.
Thank you!

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Pictures are not the problem, depends on the content. But IMO wouldn't describe the fuzzy perceptions as pictures - more like a retrospection - fuzzy, unclear, an idea of something, fleeting, not able to grab it. Something to describe without function.

The feeling is subtle, uninterested, but focused. No thinking! No worrying! With more practise you will understand how to zone in on the signal. Now only write down what comes to you randomly but fits the category. I know it sounds mysterious but you need to learn it yourself to know.

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Quote:
What is the difference between S4 data and S2 data (of X/A/B), other than being taken in any order? It seems like we're doing it twice.

Let me give you a rude analogy.

You have a car radio with a "scan" function. You punch the button and the radio scans the radio band for a signal. The radio gives you 2-3 seconds of a station, then moves on. You hear something "interesting"; you punch the "scan" button again and the scanning stops, and station continues to play, and the "listening" begins.

You are doing exactly the same thing in both cases: listening to the radio. But in the first case you are getting connected to an "interesting" station that roughly maps your interest (you turned the radio on with a goal in mind, a "cue", after all, didn't you?) Short, fuzzy, not enough to understand, just enough to match to a goal. Out-of-control/out-of-context stations are skipped: AOL! Once connected you continued to listen to a stream of content to fulfill your goal.

S1 starts the scan, S2 establishes control over the connection with specific criteria, S3 elaborates the structure of the data, S4 is the actual "content" of the connection.

Quote:
The feeling is subtle, uninterested, but focused. No thinking! No worrying! With more practise you will understand how to zone in on the signal. Now only write down what comes to you randomly but fits the category. I know it sounds mysterious but you need to learn it yourself to know.

The only "feeling" I get in S4 is rampant dissatisfaction, which I think I finally understand now. The LearnRV S4 "structure" does a good job of taking care of the mechanical mind; the "left brain" is given a task of obediently objectifying the subliminal information being imparted. The feeling of dissatisfaction I'm getting is because the RV process (when done correctly) is profoundly uncreative. That feeling is the "right brain" with nothing to do but get in the way and complain that the colors are not right and the whole thing is slightly slanted to the left. Sure, it got to help with that S3 thing making pretty shapes, but it wants to help with S4, too! Keeping this creative beastie in the cage long enough to get through my S4's is probably my biggest single issue...

The Doctor's advice? Feel only "screw it... whatever..." and write down what comes in that is in structure... be tedious, be a drone, be a good, disciplined soldier... observe... report... succeed...

http://rvcommunity.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2243&p=12586&hilit=whatever#p12586

Speaking part DVD4 00:17:49

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:04 am