It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 spelling issues 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post spelling issues
In target 3: I struggled (aka: thinking) to spell words that I would normally know (specifically stage 4 of aspect B). After session, I went back and corrected. (page 6).

How should I handle this in the future? Does it matter at this stage, since I knew what I was trying to write? I did look at other posts that caused me to consider making a formal inquiry.

I would like to form the correct habits early on in my training.

FYI: I do have a past head injury - brain stem. So cognitive stumbles are not unusual for me, however, since this work functions best without thinking, I was not too concerned. I can have trouble with staying in columns, yet it appears that will not be a big issue down the road.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:52 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: spelling issues
Some pros will say that spelling does not matter too much because that is the thinking part of the brain. I, for example, rarely spell the word angular correctly in session. I would say write the word down the best you can, but do not struggle if you forget how to spell it fully. As for staying in columns, I had this problem for a long time; just focus more on doing it and you will.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:31 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

If you are in session, ignore spelling errors, the fact that you even recognize misspelled words in session implies that you are thinking.

However, if you are talking about target setup and cueing, spelling is vitally important.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:25 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Sunflower,

I agree with my colleagues on this. Don't concern yourself with spelling or handwriting while you are in session.

This next bit may not apply to you, but if it does, it might help. In the old days, (back when I had to walk 20 miles to school through the snow, uphill -- both ways!), handwriting was stressed in American schools even through high school. In modern day America, handwriting is not stressed and often isn't even taught past the third grade. They teach keyboard skills instead. If you are a product of this modern system you may have to do some extra work outside of your remote viewing time.

Here's the deal: hand writing every day creates and trains neural cell assemblies, or cognitrons, to convert words in your head into motions of your hand muscles, in effect training your hand to spell without conscious thought. If your remote viewing sessions are the only time you use your handwriting skills, you're pretty much doomed to put up with your hand's bad spelling. You can't correct it in-session. You can bring about an improvement by training and practice outside of your remote viewing sessions. Keeping a handwritten daily journal will help, as will practicing writing the words in the word descriptor list provided with the DVD course.

During a session, though, do not concern yourself with your spelling or handwriting. You will crash and burn if you do.

You have my empathetic sympathy concerning your past head injury. I suffered from MTBI and a cervical sprain from a high school football injury for many years. I know what you mean about cognitive stumbles. I had a friend named 'Bob' whose name I just could not remember for weeks. It was always right on the tip of my tongue when I'd see him, but I just couldn't make the connection. It was a little bit embarassing.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:11 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

A shame you're a goat, instead of an elephant. They never forget...

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

While it is still thinking, interestingly... I, (apparently a special case), have been told to concern my self with neater writing during session by many here, for it helps keep mind busy. I am getting used to it, luckily or you all would be in trouble. :)

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:55 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

MultiLnV wrote:
I, (apparently a special case), have been told to concern my self with neater writing during session by many here, for it helps keep mind busy.
Did I do that? I don't remember doing that. :roll: :oops: :lol:

Seriously, though, Site Templates are a special case. Every word on a Site Template must be absolutely legible. There is no excuse for illegible writing on a Site Template, as by the time you begin the Site Template, you are only copying words you wrote in previous stages, you are not perceiving new data.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:41 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Thank you. I keep up with penpals, long hand. Your comments will encourage me to continue writing with a renewed spirit of interest. Your recommendation to practice writing the words on the list makes a lot of sense. I will work on this while awaiting copies of templates.

Thank you all.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:56 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]