It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:43 pm

2/3 limit 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post 2/3 limit
I'm slowly getting to the stage now where the number of words I write down are increasing (although sometimes I feel its just memory association). I know the 2/3 mark is a bit general because everyone writes differently. I tend to write with larger letters. Because I do, is it safe for me to continue a little further down the page? I do feel sometimes that I'm being restricted. Of course, I understand that may also be the trap.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:51 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: 2/3 limit
A while ago I saw it suggested to turn the sheet to horizontal (landscape) format in S4, and then one could fill up the page all the way, since aspect ratio is exactly 2/3. Couldn't find the thread at once, give me a little or maybe someone else knows where that was.

>>

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:36 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

kfa wrote:
A while ago I saw it suggested to turn the sheet to horizontal (landscape) format in S4, and then one could fill up the page all the way, since aspect ratio is exactly 2/3. Couldn't find the thread at once, give me a little or maybe someone else knows where that was.

I used to do S4 horizontal until Chartless "headbutted" me over it. Those horns hurt!

If the problem is larger writing, turning the page sideways wouldn't result in any change since one would still have the same amount of space top-to-bottom. Yes?

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Well, opinions on it probably aren't unanimous. Sure is that beginners are usually ill advised to change the protocol or even such details around it, because their problems lie elsewhere.

The thing with the 2/3 limit is not about the appearance on paper, it's about time spent in S4. It is simply derived from experience throughout the years of development of the method. Therefore it's heuristic and not exactly a threshold set in stone for every individual. Someone with a space consuming handwriting can fill up the page quickly with valid percepts, while someone writing very smallish may run into boredom and begin producing trash only half way down. Until you get to know yourself well enough to discern when that happens, 2/3 is simply a good threshold to start with.

>>

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:47 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

It is a failsafe procedure.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

If a viewer needs more data on a particular element once the ST is complete (s)he can run additional subsessions.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:48 am
Profile WWW