It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Writing descriptors in the wrong column 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Writing descriptors in the wrong column
Sometimes (almost every session actually) I start writing my sensory data and then a dimension will come out and I don't recognize it as a dimension right away and it ends up in the sensory column.

If I realize it (usually two or three words later) I will cross it out and re-write the word in the Dimension column next to it.

Is this OK? Is there something I should do instead? (i.e. ignore until after the session?)

I realize that this will probably be less of a problem the more I practice, but in the meantime, what is the best way to handle this?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:24 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Writing descriptors in the wrong column
Do not cross out the word. Draw an arrow to the correct column and keep going.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I agree with B, however, if you are going back and reviewing the data you have written down, thereby realizing you have made a mistake, then you are out of structure and allowing your thinking mind to infiltrate your session (BAD). You should always be focused on the data as it comes to you and not focusing on what you have already written. I wouldn't make any corrections (arrows or otherwise) until you have finished your session and are doing error trapping in S4 prior to beginning your ST.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:56 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thanks guys!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:50 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

This has happened to me a few times in session, especially when I was first learning. There should be no thinking in session, therefore no realization that you're made a mistake. However, if this happens, do the above stated practice of drawing a line to the correct column. This is mainly to "give you something to do with it" and satisfy your thinking mind (if your thinking mind was active and caught it in session.. which really shouldn't happen), before you start getting that very uncomfortable hot-flash that happens when you realize you are thinking and breaking structure in session. At least that's what happens to me, I'll get that hot-flash and then it has the possibilty of throwing me off completely and blowing the session. You want to deal with the mistake as fast as possible and move on, not thinking about it anymore. It doesn't happen much anymore, whatever that's worth.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:24 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

It is permissible to do whatever thinking is necessary to keep within session structure. Part of this is thinking about whether the S4 descriptor has been written in the correct category. In a few instances, words can correctly be put into more than one category, so the viewer will have to decide which is category most correct for that target.

bstuart's method is correct.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:02 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thanks Tiger & Robot. I appreciate the responses.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:08 pm