Forum Beginner

Post Where is MH370 ?
Plane still MIA after 5 days.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/catego ... binocular/

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:19 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Where is MH370 ?
I'll hit it after some sleep; was in the field all day.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Kowa, You beat me to it. I was going to start a thread on just that question. May as well stick this here then.

I was going to ask (and will right now) for this to be made an advanced project. I mean isn't it a great target?

Here we have a real mystery that is taking place right now. There is no reason to believe the way things are going the plane will be discovered in the next 48 hours. Every time they announce they have a clue they announce soon after it is not. They have not a clue! At least none they will tell us about.

How about this be set up as an advanced project ASAP? We have a chance to demonstrate once more that RV can work. I am sure, at least I very much hope, the plane's location will be found soon. But even then what about, the cause of a crash, the source, and so on.

Come on people. Here is a chance to do a project with verification in the not too distant future. Even if it is located while the project is underway. There are many more questions we can answer before the facts are announced (if all ever are that is).

How about it then?!

Ed could someone get this underway?

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:52 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I am closing in on the target.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

I'm not sure the important question is where flight MA370 is but rather what happened that is the true mystery. Based on flight data, the search effort already has a very good idea of where the wreckage may be. Here's the latest from a Chinese satellite.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world/asi ... ?hpt=hp_t1

They also know that the black box is underwater and it's probably only a matter of time before they find it.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video ... r.cnn.html

Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:49 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Are you high on soma, Philo? There could never be a conclusive 'what' -- without the where...

Doom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9gEzDYgaw8

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:17 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Yes (RV Geofix):

[4203/9716] Phillip Wood's skull/location

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:37 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

The Indian Ocean... Unlike most terrain target sites, open water does not (presently) lend itself to tighter fixes.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:17 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Keeping close contact with folks from that region. Latest was told that the plane had indeed turned west leaving its course over the China Sea, then crossing over southern Thailand towards the Indian Ocean. It's a habit with those people though, they like to make noise but don't care much to keep tight with the source of their evidence, and it's hard to find anything verifiable in all the buzz. But this would be congruent with the finding above.

I'd be in with a quick project as reality check, e.g. on the primary cause of its disappearance. We'd all be front-loaded more or less anyway and thus might try with an open cue from the start. Would someone like to take the helm? My availability is a bit patchy.

>>

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:44 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

Quote:
I'd be in with a quick project as reality check, e.g. on the primary cause of its disappearance. We'd all be front-loaded more or less anyway and thus might try with an open cue from the start. Would someone like to take the helm? My availability is a bit patchy.

My own availability is nil but I think this would make an excellent project. Excellent and worthy, and with the chance of some verification.

Where are all the sure hands these days?

Ed couldn't this one be set up as an Advanced project?

We have the location. Okay, let's go look at all those other key unknowns we can run sessions on. Let's do it now and perhaps help the relatives and searchers rather than much later when it becomes of mostly historical interest.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Link: https://goo.gl/maps/Kc2X6

N13 30' 00''E97 30' 00'' Not so close to India. Nobody will host the advanced Rv project? Really?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:35 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Please exit stage left, Bjorn; RV is direct knowledge.

It would appear that said job devolves to you, Sector, and/or Kiwi -- set it up! But, first, let's (publically) subject any proposed cue(s)/Matrix search term(s) to circumspection.

Do it. Push the/your envelope.

Major Doom

P.S. - I also wonder, Kiwi, where all the 'sure hands' have gone -- very disappointing in the mind's eye of this/your teacher...

Witness the turtle -- it only makes progress by sticking its neck out -- Anon

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

If I didn't have more important (in my mind, anyway) personal matters that needed attending to I would volunteer to be project manager on this one. But I still may able to contribute if someone else can.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:01 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

The love of my life is presently in the hospital so/and, knowing you, Jeff, I am cognizant of, and can indeed appreciate, wherefrom mindplaces such 'excuse vectors' might therefore spring.

You're presently one of RV bests -- hope that you can keep the/your faith. Attend to what you need to do/be. I'll do/perform my best to be around here/there/everywhere for you.

Ed

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:14 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Note to Kiwi and Sector:

You have both placed yourselves in the catbird seat re. this particular RV problem set.

Act fast -- or become as if you never were, in this 'RV Forum' cyberspace environ. Your 'RV future' is now on the line.

Major Doom

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:57 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Oh dear, hope it's nothing too serious and she'll be okay. Best wishes, keeping fingers crossed!

I'll do it. I mean, run the project, if we can live with the possibility that I'd be out for the day in case I get a phone call offering work. In a new country and still struggling to get both feet on the ground. In case this stands in the way of necessary haste with this project, it would be good if at least someone would step forward as replacement. Also different time zones should be an asset in this case.

Since there's at least a chance of feedback published very soon, I'd say we should take no more than 24 hours to flesh out the cue we want to start with (faster if we agree), 24 hours to recruit participants (faster upon sufficient response), and expect the first round of sessions in by the end of Sunday. Follow-up work to depend on results and further discussions. Does that make sense?

>>

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:03 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

My cyberclassroom position/'appearance,' notwithstanding, methinks that sometimes, Herr Tortoise, you forget this: I am not merely/only a/your RV teacher. I am -- and shall remain -- your friend.

Ed

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks for your words, Ed. They mean more than know right now.
Prayers and love to you and yours. May we all keep the faith.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:37 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Please be assured, Sir, it is not forgotten one moment. Only a bit tortoisy-like and hazy, whether the above is to be understood as recommendation to rather stand back at this moment?

>>

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Precise geography aside,

They flew up to 4 hours beyond last commo? Unknowingly? Just like an old fart leaving his blinker on for 6 miles? Any correlation between faulty transponders and crashes?
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... TopStories

Showing up on no other 'civilian' RADAR means it's either been safely deliberately misplaced or underwater in pieces, right? WSJ says "...the situation continues to change rapidly" (huh?) BS -- it's binary. Destroyed or intact. What were they experiencing on board right before touch down?

MH370/Boeing 777/final descent/pilot's deep mind

If "US Investigators" are fabricating said suspicion to muddy the waters then the entire episode could be an attempt to conjure intrigue to divert public attention from Ukraine prior to this weekend's referendum. Ram & jam. Wrinkles like the stolen passports sure makes for interesting ironing, though. But wouldn't this hypothetical alternative ruin the cue, if true, since there would be no plane to begin with? NSA et al has data-packet injection technology. Flight logs, passport names, numbers, engine standby signal -- all digital info, but no aluminum? Not like control tower operators and flight records have been incorruptible in recent history.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:52 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Doom to cb: You're coming in broken and stupid -- say all again after precise six fart -- over

Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

To where is this fart-six you refer? My aforementioned proverbial turtle must be on the all baked-bean diet.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:19 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I would suggest using photograph of the actual plane for use in the project cue. This is a photograph of the actual plane from February over Poland.

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-sto ... ing-missin

The Captain of the flight had a home simulator. This is most unusual in the rest of the airline pilot community, and is most likely harmless. However, should this be a situation where he and the co-pilot conspired to "hijack" the plane. It is possible that this simulator could have been used to orchestrate a program or plan. Moreover, The plane's beacons were systematically shut off.

Using the skull of an American passenger to locate the aircraft could pose a potential problem. It is more than possible and most likely that his skull is with the plane; however, it is possible that he could have been disposed of; ex post facto. It has been almost a week since MH370 has been lost.

Just an idea here, and thought I would throw that out there for whomever may take this one on. I am most likely way off the target in my thinking here, but I thought I would at least present it as a possible solution.

The photo file is attached to this posting below.

Attachments:
BOEING140314e.jpg
BOEING140314e.jpg [ 11.02 KiB | Viewed 10268 times ]

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:01 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

It is true that the skull location would present a problem in a case such as you suggest. If I were able to complete a GeoFix project alone in one or two days time, I might choose to target the location of one of the plane's engines, which would take the passengers'/pilots' disposition/location/fate out of the equation. We do already have a GeoFix position (not pinpoint) on a passenger's skull, but as far as I know that doesn't absolutely confirm a crash in this case, although it is likely. At this point we can choose from one of the following starting points to accomplish our (participating team members') goal to find out more about what happened to Flight MH370:

1. Confirm a crash by performing a standard RV session targeting the location of one of the plane's engines. If it turns up in water/ocean, that would seemingly confirm a crash.

2. If time is a factor for this project, then assume a crash and go for something like
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 crash / primary cause
I'm not sure if the word plane/airplane is needed in the first part.

I would chose option 2, given the circumstances. If there is no mutually corroborating data and/or non-sense in the results, then I would begin to think there may be something else going on, at which point I would go back to option 1 as well as targeting a passenger or pilot. These are my initial ideas, anyway. I'm shooting for efficiency and practicality... hope it's a decent start.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:32 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

In our business, an actual target photo as reference material is gold.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:57 pm
Profile WWW