It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Where is MH370 ? 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Re: Where is MH370 ?
Ed Dames wrote:
Note to Kiwi and Sector:

You have both placed yourselves in the catbird seat re. this particular RV problem set.

Act fast -- or become as if you never were, in this 'RV Forum' cyberspace environ. Your 'RV future' is now on the line.

Major Doom

Sir,

First. I hope she'll be okay.

It's not "catbird seat", it's my surprise to don't know why no one has yet wanted to use this subject for an RV project. A plane missing for 5 full days and no clues. For me, it's a perfect project for very advanced and profesionals RVers in this forum, not for real-rv-noobs like me.

@Tiger:
Engine in water/ocean does not necessarily mean "crash"; whoever-they caused this, they could pull the plane to the sea after landing, or dismantle / destroy the plane to remove evidence.
(Yes, Also I think I've seen too many James Bond movies. And yes, maybe "whoever-they" doesn't exist and this is just an accident )

Maybe the option "choose a random passenger and mark him as a target in the flight manifest" it's the best choice.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:58 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Drop 'crash'

(There is a photo of the first officer on the web, and now we possibly have a photo of the airplane - so many ways to practically attack the problem, instead of just studying it to death)

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Sector wrote:
@Tiger:
Engine in water/ocean does not necessarily mean "crash"; whoever-they caused this, they could pull the plane to the sea after landing, or dismantle / destroy the plane to remove evidence.

Yes, that is why I said it seemingly confirms a crash. Unless you want to go further down the conspiracy rabbit hole.

Sector wrote:
Maybe the option "choose a random passenger and mark him as a target in the flight manifest" it's the best choice.

In a scenario such as you suggested, any of the passengers could be anywhere by now. Now that I think about it, I would definitely go with my option 2 and forget about option 1 for now.

And I'm not sure of the best way to use the photo as TRM for my option 2. I'll give it some more thought after I eat my sausage/eggs. I'm famished.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:17 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

F**k it, seems like is a real MH370 plane's photo. Let's see how deep is that rabbit hole, and please share some sausage/eggs.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:29 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Ed Dames wrote:
Drop 'crash'

From what.. this cue? Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 crash / primary cause

That wouldn't make sense, unless you mean for us to drop the idea of a crash. We could also replace the word with 'disappearance', but I'm not sure how solid that is. If we target anyone's location/disposition, I vote for the most 'suspicious' pilot.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:35 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/malaysia-recruits-witch-doctors-find-missing-passenger-jet-article-1.1720770#ixzz2vwIXlgq7

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

@DaingMaing, maybe you're thinking of your disposing of the skulls of whatever lands in your pot. When not part of a deliberate course of action, a skull is usually the last or least likely thing to disintegrate completely even in devastating circumstances. The Major's choice of targeting that reflects a heuristic decision which should work in all but the most unusual scenarios. I'd be interested in learning though if in previous, similar cases, targeting the flight recorder was tried and found less than ideal? Maybe identification or chain of custody problems?

@Tiger74, I'd posit that hinging on the disappearance instead of the crash should have a higher probability of giving us information that is actually interesting. To just say it out loud, don't we like to know if the plane was perhaps abducted first.

At any rate, the most effective approach should be one simple, concise way of targeting that lets the Matrix choose what is most important or interesting about this particular case. This way we should get what sets it apart first.

>>

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:47 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Well, if my cues are not the best idea, there is always the option of a topical search to see what comes out.

"Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370"

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:51 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Or even use the above photo, in quotes, as a topical search?

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:54 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

For God's sake, man -- locate the target! Geeeez....

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

This was related to me from Singapore yesterday...
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/-mh370--klia--bomoh--stunt-spawns-parodies-120112621.html

>>

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

[nnn2/nnn2] nnn1/nnn1 / location

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:03 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Location now. Do it!

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

The above location targeting material/cue is now formalized, in a folder.
Anyone who can hit this is encouraged.
I will post it in advanced projects.

ps. I thought location defaulted to location now, but maybe that was just for GeoFix cues.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:18 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Good luck, P.M.s

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

It's 5:30 in the morning at E97.5 degrees longitude right now.
Does it matter that our target may be in darkness at the moment we RV it versus a few hours later when there is more light?

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:30 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

@richardg, depends on depth whether it makes a difference. Sunlight penetrates only so much water. But many others have targeted buried objects or locations. In project BLUEVEST we targeted Lake Vostok under the Antarctic ice shield. Lack of actual light doesn't seem to be an obstacle to Remote Viewing since information is transmitted in a much different way.

>>

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

Ed, I would have loved to take this on! Thank you for the vote of confidence I perceive in your offer of the opportunity to manage a project. But like I said earlier I have zero availability at present. Little available time to sleep even - so not much good to you right now. But I want this to happen.

KFA & Tiger are up for it I see. That is excellent!! The project is in good hands.

To me it is seems like it will be a classic RV project. Good on anyone who takes it on. One with a strong possibility of verification too, given that no passenger plane on a scheduled flight like this one over the past few decades has ever vanished off the face of the earth. So far as I am aware.

I look forward to the results. If this plane is still an unknown in 6 days time when life goes back to some kind of normal in my neck of the woods I will be giving it a shot myself.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-ne ... ib-2014031
http://www.themalaysiantimes.com.my/con ... ansponder/

Local sources told me that this talk about "new data" is given little credibility throughout the region and that Malaysian authorities knew all along the plane had left its course, and thus by withholding information they misled the search efforts for days. This is far from over...

>>

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:20 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Something I do not understand is how a plane can be silent and off route for 5 hours without setting off any alarms, civil or military.

@kfa: no rumours about any military jet deployed?

Timeline: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missin ... jet-n47641

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:14 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

DaingMaing wrote:
The photo file is attached to this posting below.

If I may make a suggestion ... I have over 10 years as an Airline Transport Pilot, the latter of that experience working for a major US airline.

The photo referenced previously may be a generic photo of a similar Malaysia Airlines B-777. I would expect that for RV purposes, we would want a photo of the specific aircraft, with registration # 9M-MRO, as referenced in the link below. This photo appears to be 9M-MRO in Paris, at an earlier date.

Ed, correct me if I'm off base, please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/9MMRO

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:42 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

XJP5 -

Of course your assumption is correct:

If the photo is not of the specific airplane in question, it is worthless as TRM -- it will corrupt/destroy any RV investigation into the problem.

That photo should have been/should be validated as accurate TRM before engaging in related RV work.

Ed

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:01 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Tomorrow, I will personally turn my RV attention to what transpired on this particular flight (cf., e.g., my Egypt Air Flight 990 findings -- it's certain that I will be asked the question on C2C, Monday or Tuesday evening, "What happened").

Our chief problem, as technically proficient RVers, vis-à-vis the subject at hand, is which cue/Matrix search term(s) to employ in this RV investigation-cum-event recreation.

I'll sleep on it; will figure out a good problem attack strategy, along with cross-checks.

Major Doom

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:25 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Thank you Major. I've located a confirmed hi-res photo of the actual aircraft, if any of you would like to employ it into your project. The registration number is clearly visible on the aft section of the fuselage.

Good hunting.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Boeing_777-200ER_Malaysia_AL_(MAS)_9M-MRO_-_MSN_28420_404_(9272090094).jpg

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:38 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Ah-ha! That's the ticket! Great project input -- thanks.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:45 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next