It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:03 am

s2 guidance please 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post s2 guidance please
Hi all i'm rather new to this.
A few months ago I came into contact with Remote Viewing, didn't really give it much attention. Then I learned the CIA used it in response to the soviets and chinese, and I became interested, and I was like: Wow, if they take it seriously, it must be worthwile!

So I started digging around, and stumbled across major's magnificent course. I watched the first DVD, and got real excited (I will definately attend the RV workshops whenever im in the US). I printed the templates and, after reviewing section one a couple of times, I got going with target one. It was a complete failure... Target 2 and 3 were even worse.

I have a lot of trouble focussing on writing down the descriptor words. Whenever I hit the texture category I start to think actively about what to write (I try to stay away from that word descriptor list as much as possible, because no words really jump out to me). I did a total of 5 targets now (one target a day), but it seems that whenever I hit a catergory, I think about it for 2 seconds, then write down a bunch of 5 descriptorwords, and then it goes silent again. Also, most of the descriptorwords are contradictionary: Hard-soft, yellow-purple, quiet-noisy... etc. Is this a problem? because I have the feeling im just making these words up, instead of decrypting them from the unconcious link....

Also, whenever I hit the dimensions category in S2 of X, I've got the feeling I cant just make stuff up, because then I will have a hard time putting them together in stage 3 of X

There was one target, my fourth, that was supringly accurate. The overall description of the site was inaccurate, but s1, s2 and s3 of X were very accurate. Some prominent target features were well represented in my S3 of X drawing. The 5th however, was way off again.

All those misses are a little discouraging, but I really really want to master this! I know that this can give so much insight in... well.. everything! Litteraly everything!
The meaning of life, crime scene investigations, relationships... every-bloody-thing!
Thats why I have a quiestion for major Dames: Major, what have you seen? After 20 years of experience, (one session a day), you must know so much about everything! Is there intelligent life out there? Is there an afterlife? When and why will WWIII erupt?I take that these (most interesting) quistions must be a piece of cake for someone of your caliber...

Many many thanks to anyone who is willing to give me some tips on how to give me a little more insight in S2..
Thanks!

-addition-
Currently I'm resuming training only on S1, S2 and S3 of the site, and S1, S2 and S3 of one or two aspects. I will do this for about a week, before proceeding with target 4 of DVD1. I really want to get this structure into my head.....
I've got a friend who prepares targets for me, but now I see the target-exchange board here. That will open up a lot of oppurtunities!

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:14 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: s2 guidance please
capjaneway wrote:
I did a total of 5 targets now (one target a day), but it seems that whenever I hit a catergory, I think about it for 2 seconds, then write down a bunch of 5 descriptorwords, and then it goes silent again. Also, most of the descriptorwords are contradictionary: Hard-soft, yellow-purple, quiet-noisy... etc. Is this a problem? because I have the feeling im just making these words up, instead of decrypting them from the unconcious link....

Also, whenever I hit the dimensions category in S2 of X, I've got the feeling I cant just make stuff up, because then I will have a hard time putting them together in stage 3 of X.

1. Forget about contradicting words... it doesn't matter at all. A room can be hot and cold at the same time, right? The sooner you can stop worrying about this the better.

2. It doesn't matter if you feel as though you are making the words up. Write them down anyway and just keep following instructions. It will sort itself out.

You're on the right track! Please scan a session and post it here so we can nip any bad habits early on.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Today I will do another session, make sure my handwriting is OK (you wouldnt be able to read my previous sessions :wink:) and scan it.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:48 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I used a target from the exchange target board.
TRN: 5485/0243
Feedback: http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x143 ... 5_0243.jpg

My session (loading might take long):
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9643 ... 6p1hq5.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8773 ... 6p2br9.jpg
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7563 ... 6p3mn9.jpg

As you can see i'm quite off target overall, yet some aspects do apply to this mountain creek site...

Thanks for taking the time to look at my session!

-addition-
The pictures i scanned are high-res. It made reading this post an impossible tastk. Therefore I pasted a direct link, instead of the pictures themselves.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:15 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

You did a good job! One suggestion, in your S3 freehand be sure to place [ X ] [ A ] [ B ] etc DIRECTLY on top of the archetypes for which they represent rather than beside. Also make sure everything is accounted for.... looks like you had a circle at the lower left that was not labeled?

Keep it up!

Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Hmmm yeah, i actually forgot about that circle :?
Wooy
I'am going to do a few more targets, then I will start familiarising myself with stage 4 of the target, and finish DVD1

Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:03 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: s2 guidance please
capjaneway wrote:
...I watched the first DVD, and got real excited (I will definately attend the RV workshops whenever im in the US). I printed the templates and, after reviewing section one a couple of times, I got going with target one. It was a complete failure... Target 2 and 3 were even worse.

Cap, Did I read that right? You watched the first DVD, and THEN went back and tried to do the exercises? You will have much better results using the DVD course if you follow the instructions exactly. If you are exposed to the feedback for a given lesson's target BEFORE you do the session your training will suffer horribly.

It also sounds like you are doing outside practice targets before finishing the first DVD's lessons--again, not following the instructions. You will have much better results if you follow the instructions on the DVD EXACTLY.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:56 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I still haven't seen your session because the ancient dial-up internet connection we use here in the goat house at the petting zoo is so slow. If you resize your images to be no more than 600 pixels wide and use the img codes to post them they will display properly in the forum and you will have a better chance of getting feedback from Ed or one of the pros.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:07 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

You didnt read it right, or I didnt explain it right. This is what I did:
I participated with the first 3 targets on DVD 1 following the instructions to the letter.
However, when they began with Stage 4 of the target, I felt that I still didn't have enough experience with the general S2 structure, so I replayed the instructions of the first 3 targets, and used some outside practice targets to strengthen my S2 foundation, before moving on to the more analytical stuff.
In essence, i just replayed 3/4th of DVD1 several times, but with different targets.

I will resise the sessions tomorrow, and upload them again :)

Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:31 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:17 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I think that what you are doing is training yourself to do half the job and stop.

If you're like most of us, you paid a lot of money for the DVD set. To get the most benefit from it, you would do best to follow the instructions exactly, in the order given. But it is your money; you can flush it down the crapper if you want.

You can also get a lot from posting your work for the DVD lessons in the section of this forum set aside specifically for that. The opportunity to get feedback on your course sessions from Ed or one of his pros is a huge plus, a benefit worth far more than the cost of the course.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I think that what you are doing is training yourself to do half the job and stop.

If you're like most of us, you paid a lot of money for the DVD set. To get the most benefit from it, you would do best to follow the instructions exactly, in the order given. But it is your money; you can flush it down the crapper if you want.

But I do follow the instructions, in the correct order. I only repeat target sessions 1 2 and 3 of DVD1 a couple of times, to ensure that i wont do anything chronically wrong in S2 later down the road.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:10 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I only repeat target sessions 1 2 and 3 of DVD1 a couple of times, to ensure that i wont do anything chronically wrong in S2 later down the road.

Once again, not following the instructions. Ker-flush!

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:56 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

What instruction am I not following then?
I mean, I just re-practice everything i learned until stage 3 of the target (until after target 3 DVD1), with different targets (coming from the practice-excange board) of course!

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:41 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

However, when they began with Stage 4 of the target, I felt that I still didn't have enough experience with the general S2 structure, so I replayed the instructions of the first 3 targets, and used some outside practice targets to strengthen my S2 foundation, before moving on to the more analytical stuff

Capjaneway. Do not be too afraid to move onto S4 even if you feel you are having trouble. Go ahead and move on to S4 you will be alright there..

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:12 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Huh?
What instruction am I not following then?
I mean, I just re-practice everything i learned until stage 3 of the target (until after target 3 DVD1), with different targets (coming from the practice-excange board) of course!

I think the first instruction after target 3 on DVD 1 is to proceed to the next lesson. I am absolutely sure there is no instruction that says "Okay, now practice these first steps over and over again until you train your unconcious that it isn't important to develop any real data about the target (stage 4) or to tie the whole thing together into a useful schematic representation of the site. (Site Template)."

Ed Dames really has put together a marvellous course. He really does know how to teach this stuff. You might give him the benefit of the doubt and try to do it his way for a while.

Thu May 01, 2008 3:49 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I will do so asap :)

Thu May 01, 2008 9:57 am

If you want your work to look more like the target, you should label your aspects in the freehand sketch directly right on them.

In this case, the session you posted, you are exploring dead open space. Although not always having your label right on the line can still get results, placing the aspect label directly on the aspect (not beside or near it) is much more accurate. I also practice this myself and require it in any of the advanced group projects i conduct.

You will be satisfied with the results, i promise.

I hope that helps.

Fri May 02, 2008 12:40 am