It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:55 am

Blind target method/front loaded suggestions 
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post Blind target method/front loaded suggestions
Hello!

I'm trying to set up some blind targets for myself and mixed in with various Cue's I've made are online targets fromt his forum. for the cue targets I just write the cue on the back of a index card, put a TRN above it, then i fold it up into 4ths, write the TRN on the outside, then staple it shut (i do this so there is no way i can see the cue). But for the targets from this forum, i just write 'online' (without quotes) on the back of the card, fold it up, then I write the TRNs on the outside and stape it. With this screw up my RV sessions? I don't want to remote view the idea of "online". Thanks!

Also if anyone has any suggestions for front loaded targets that I could check every day (much like the daily news idea, but i don't get any news paper). Let me know!

Thanks!

Ben

Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:50 am
Profile YIM
Extreme User
Extreme User

Mutilating (folding + driving a staple through) your RV material is not a good idea :)

Here's what I did to create my own pseudo-blind targets:

I went to the office supply store, bought a pack of 100 3"X5" blank index cards (just blank - no lines). I also bought a pack of small non-see-through "security" envelopes that were just big enough to hold the 3 X 5 cards.

Then, I thought of some written-cue practice targets, like:
[xxxx/xxxx] My Name / location now
[xxxx/xxxx] USA Today newspaper / next edition / front page / main photo / target reference
[xxxx/xxxx] Name-of-Shop, 123 apple street, city, state / inside front entrance
[xxxx/xxxx] the Space Needle / most unique feature
[xxxx/xxxx] Buddha

I used the following method to fight my memory from 'remembering' the TRNs that I assigned to the cues:

1.) take a blank card, write the cue in the middle, like this:
[ ] blah blah blah / blah blah

2.) go to the online TRN generator (http://www.learnrv.com/generator/) and generated a TRN.

3.) fill in the blank spot I reserved for the TRNs, like this:
[ 1234/1234 ] blah blah blah / blah blah
(remember, you always assign TRNs after you create the cue)

4.) repeat steps 1 - 3 until you have a BIG bunch of cards (20 to 50 or so, so you'll "forget" the TRNs)

5.) turn the stack of cards face down

6.) turn over the first card, peek only at the TRNs ... try not to look to closely at the cue - keep it covered with something -- this is so you won't accidentally remember that TRN 7777/7777 is associated with the Space Needle, etc.

7.) write that TRN on the outside of the envelope

8.) put the card in the envelope (don't look at the cue), and seal the envelope

9.) do this with all your cards, until you have a big stack of sealed envelopes.

10.) place in a lightly greased and floured pan with a pinch of salt ... (not really... just wanted to see if anyone is still reading this)

Now, you'll have a stack of blind targets, that you can put away, and do whenever you get the chance. Targets of things that YOU are interested in, because you've created your own cues. Just the other day, I found my big stack of sealed envelopes that I created a few months ago. It is GREAT fun and GREAT practice -- I've totally forgotten what my cues were, and it is really exciting to RV cues that I wrote myself.

You can also write TRNs on photos, and put the photos in the envelopes (if you use security envelopes, you won't know if there's an index card, or a photo inside).

Another interesting/exciting way of practicing RV is when you start doing real-world targets, where you can actually do an RV session, then physically visit the site for feedback. You could find out things...like...what is in a neighbor's garage? Or, what that co-worker keeps locked up in that filing cabinet....

Last edited by 24 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:15 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Is there anything wrong with a method which a more experienced viewer suggested to me i.e. write the cue on one side of the card, and then write the TRNs on the other side of the card?. She had a whole rolodex of them, and only looked on one side before running the session.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:45 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

That's interesting.
I wonder what the matrix considers a Buddha

Cheering you on for even greater success,

Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:09 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

Is there anything wrong with a method which a more experienced viewer suggested to me i.e. write the cue on one side of the card, and then write the TRNs on the other side of the card?. She had a whole rolodex of them, and only looked on one side before running the session.
Being a perfectionist (obsessively so), the thought of a rolodex jammed with upside down wrong side inverted flippable TRNs + cues-on-other-side sounds ghastly... but it's probably okay! :lol:

Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:09 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I think i'll do the envelope thing 24 suggested! Thanks!

One more question. Are the TRN's i used for my cue's now void? or can i just rewrite them on index cards/envelopes like 24 suggested and i guess burn the old ones or something (maybe tear up and throw away?). Or should i get all new TRN's

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:49 am
Profile YIM
Extreme User
Extreme User

One more question. Are the TRN's i used for my cue's now void? or can i just rewrite them on index cards/envelopes like 24 suggested and i guess burn the old ones or something (maybe tear up and throw away?). Or should i get all new TRN's
Since you are starting fresh, go ahead and generate brand new TRNs.

Hopefully, this will be fun for you. Think of questions you've always wanted to have the answer to. If you have any doubt/questions about cueing, post your cues, and we will try to help.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:43 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

I have a question regarding TRNs (which is most likely answered in a thread somewhere in this forum, but would take a long time to find...):

For a cue like
[xxxx/xxxx] USA Today newspaper / next edition / front page / main photo

Can we just use the same TRN every single day?

If so, a TRN for a cue like
[xxxx/xxxx] Name / Optimal Trajectory

can also be used over and over again while producing valid OT from the point we start the session, right?

Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:01 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

No i don't think you can because it references that next days paper (like specifically the next date, like 8/15/05, not just the next day).

Ben

Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:47 pm
Profile YIM
RV Professional
RV Professional

1. Yes (except that you must qualify the cue with /target reference)
2. Yes

Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Shaykai: I'm not sure what you just said...

Major Dames (or anyone else who can answer this): I noticed that Omega also had the "/target reference" tagged onto the end of the cue. By this you mean simply the words, "/target reference", and not "[xxxx/xxxx]", right? And... am I missing something from DVD 3? At the end of the disc the example cue did not have a "/target reference", thus I don't really know what function those words serve. Or is it explained in DVD 4 (which I won't be starting for 2 weeks)?

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:53 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

AC, "/target reference" gets appended to a written cue, when the 'topic' of the cue deals with a photograph (like when the written cue contains the word, "photo," or, "photograph." ) One such circumstance may be when the written cue pertains to the photo that will appear in tomorrow's newspaper.

Appending, "/target reference," directs the unconscious to the actual target, rather than the photo media, itself.

Normally, when using photographs as practice targets, you write the TRNs across the top. But, what if your target is the main photo on the front page photo of tomorrow's USA Today newspaper? The newspaper hasn't been printed yet, so how are you going to write TRNs on it? Is it RVable? Absolutely! Here's what you do:

[xxxx/xxxx] USA Today newspaper / next edition / front page / main photo / target reference

Again, if you don't append, "target reference," onto the end of the cue, you'll be RVing the photo media - the paper - the ink, etc., and your descriptors will be, "flat, grey, black, speckled, etc."

Last edited by 24 on Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:42 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

[xxxx/xxxx] Natalee Holloway/Location/Now.
and I placed a photo of her as reference material with my cue, would I also write Target Reference at the end of my cue?

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:09 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

No. Appending "/target reference" is only done when remote viewing photographic targets (where the word, "photo," is used in the cue) -- where you want to RV what has been photographed rather than the media itself.

Let's say you are practicing remote viewing, and I am giving you all kinds of targets to practice. I place a photo of an airplane in a box, and I give you the following cue:
[xxxx/xxxx] RV box / inside / photo

Here is what you'll get for an RV session: you'll get the actual photo -- a flat rectangular piece of heavy paper that is glossy and colorful on one side.

But, that's not what we really want, is it. We want you to be RVing the airplane. Remember... in RV, you get exactly what you ask for.

Therefore, you use the following cue:
[xxxx/xxxx] RV box / inside / photo / target reference

Appending, "/target reference," to the cue is a way to tell the unconscious, "Hey, don't tell me about the photo paper and the ink...tell me what the photo is of."

About the only time you'll ever use this "appending /target reference" method for practice is when you are trying to RV the topic of a front-page photo in an upcoming newspaper ... or, if someone wants to "test you," and asks you, "RV this photo for me..."

As far as other types of targets discussed here in the forums (including the Natalee Holloway example), do not append, "/target reference." If you have to have a, "rule-of-thumb," on this... it might be, "does my cue contain the word, "photo," or, "photograph?" If not, forget about, "/target reference."

Last edited by 24 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:39 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:52 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

BTW, I just noticed that it was you who had the detailed reply to Shaykai's original question. For some very strange reason I thought Omega wrote that! (that's why I wrote in my reply that Omega had the "/target reference")

Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:38 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

I read many posts on this forum regarding cues, but I think I haven't come across one that refers to Internet websites.

I was thinking hard trying to come up with some more frontloaded sessions that can provide immediate feedback. The newspaper one is good, but we do have to wait a while before getting feedback. So I thought of online news sites.

I thought of using CNN.com as an example. Their "primary photo" on the website changes very often, so I thought it would be a great target. We can even do the session several times a day.

[xxxx/xxxx] CNN.com International / Website Homepage / Primary Photo / Target Reference / My Next Visit

I added in the word "International" to distinguish it from "U.S.", since they have 2 versions of their website, featuring slightly different primary photos at times.

Is there any holes in that cue? "CNN.com International" is the title of their international site, namely, "http://edition.cnn.com/".

Or should I use this cue:
[xxxx/xxxx] http://edition.cnn.com / Primary Photo / Target Reference / My Next Visit

Does the unconscious has issues with internet website addresses? If it doesn't, then these kind of cues may be very useful for us beginners. And... is the verb "visit" appropriate in this case?

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:18 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

A small caveat:
When you visit a website ("http://www.whateverblahblahblah...."), many websites "look" at your IP address (the 4-octet numeric address your internet provider assigns to you), and subsequently determines what region that you are accessing the internet from. Based on that information, different primary photos may be displayed! I don't know which, if any, news websites do this. There are some 'techie' ways to find out...but that is beyond the scope of this forum.

The target is still easily cueable ... but I wanted you to have this information so that you can mull it over.

By the way, your current cue ("[xxxx/xxxx] CNN.com International / Website Homepage / Primary Photo / Target Reference / My Next Visit") is bad regardless of the info I've provided you.

Why is it bad?
hint: what's the target of your cue?
:-)

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:36 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

I just knew I wouldn't be so lucky to get my cue right the first time. :lol:

David, you brought up a very good point regarding websites checking IPs and display customized pages to visitors of different regions. In this case, I've done my little background check, that all non-U.S. IPs who go to http://www.cnn.com will go to the CNN.com International site (http://edition.cnn.com) rather than the U.S. site (http://us.cnn.com). Some other news sites have options of letting people pick their region, but by default it's the U.S. one (or wherever the majority of their viewers are from).

My guess to your challenging question:
I believe the My Next Visit should take care of the IP checking problem (since it's my visit that the unconscious will be looking at).

My intended target is the primary photo that is displayed on their homepage during my next visit...

Am I missing a word like "observed" or "displayed"? That somehow my cue doesn't link "my next visit" to "primary photo"? Or is the "Target Reference" out of place...?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:58 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

There is a more important fundamental concern at hand: You proposed the following cue:
[xxxx/xxxx] http://edition.cnn.com / Primary Photo / Target Reference / My Next Visit

What is wrong with that cue? To figure out what is wrong with that cue, think of it this way: If you were to RV using that cue, what will the target be?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:29 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Adsen, you're RIGHT! Very good!! I removed your post -- I didn't want AC to see the answer right away ... often, people will actually learn faster if the answers aren't just handed over. So, let's let the question be a challenge, for a little while at least.
:-)

But, Adsen, good work! Very perceptive! :D

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:34 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post SUPER FAST
I am left in awe of how fast you removed that post. That's staying on top of things, to say the least.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:45 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

And I didn't read Adsen's post yet... (it got removed first) :D (thanks David, because I love a good challenge)

This is my logic, after scratching my head and going through 24's sample cues.

This is how I deconstructed the cues:

= target reference OF main photo OF the front page OF the next edition OF USA Today newspaper.

[xxxx/xxxx] Name-of-Shop, 123 apple street, city, state / inside front entrance
= inside front entrance OF Name-of-Shop, blah blah.

[xxxx/xxxx] the Space Needle / most unique feature
= most unique feature OF the Space Needle.

[xxxx/xxxx] Buddha
=... Buddha. :D

That means, for my cue, it's essentially saying...
My Next Visit OF the target reference OF the photo on the homepage OF CNN.com.

So, if the target photo is, say, a crashed airplane, I would be RVing my next visit to that site of accident (which may be never). Or something.

So it's the order of the words that I had wrong. I had a fishy suspicion of that.

To fix that, how about:
[xxxx/xxxx] CNN.com International / Website Homepage / My Next Visit / Primary Photo / Target Reference

:) (cross my fingers, hoping I got it right)

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:46 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

So, your cue, reworked, would be:
[xxxx/xxxx] http://edition.cnn.com / my next visit / Primary photo / target reference

Although the cue looks good on the surface, there's still a sneaky problem. Imagine what your unconscious mind is doing while ascertaining this cue .... first it focuses on the website http://edition.cnn.com.

That's good.

But then your unconscious has to JUMP the focus, from that website, to the following:
your next visit

What is happening during, "your next visit," to that website? You are sitting at your desk, near your computer, tapping away at your keyboard, looking at the computer monitor, waiting for the page to load, maybe looking at the big photo on your wall...

See what's happened? The unconscious could have shifted it's focus away from the website, onto what is happening during your, "visit." When I, "visit," a website, I am usually doing a half-dozen other things -- reading a book, looking at the clock on the wall, etc.

The next part of the cue is, "primary photo," but if focus is no longer on the website, it becomes ambiguous what primary photo should be the focus.

After some refining, here is a better cue:
[xxxx/xxxx] MyNameHere / next perlustration of http://edition.cnn.com / primary image discerned / target reference

I chose the word, "perlustration," over the colloquial, "visit," and over the techie word, "access." "Perlustration means the act of, "looking all over." Also, I originally used, "primary image observed," but, theoretically, you could be 'observing' a less-important image at the bottom of the webpage. I changed it to, "primary image discerned," because when a webpage loads, you look at all the images, and then conclude which image is the primary image. This is the act of, "discerning."

Last edited by David Roseta on Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:40 pm