It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:45 am

RV Forex, 26 trades, 25 wins 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post RV Forex, 26 trades, 25 wins

This is from last year when I was harv red hot. Actually there is 28 trades , but 2 of them were not rv based but rather caused by me looking at the screen and thinking, (mistake).

-$30.90-jumped back in impulsively after a win
-$112.00- rookie got nervous, jumped out, ended up winning later

The big loser of $2556.00 was rv based,sloppy session but I was overconfident and used it anyway. Proceeded to get colder,couldn't get many clear indications from my sessions , so I stopped. Still ended up ahead, $3929 for about 6 weeks of trading, about 1 hr. work per day. I'm now looking at less risky,less leveraged ways to make $ with RV.

Last edited by blankeye on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:59 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Re: RV Forex, 26 trades, 25 wins
Running with a 96 percent HARV success rate and yet it only takes a single bad forex trade to wipe out nearly one third of your balance. It's an eye-opener. Thank you for sharing.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:14 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

Yes, way to much risk for me trading FX daily. Those of us in the RVsports wagering group are enjoying wins without huge risk.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:53 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

You must have missed the part of the DVD that outlines proper money management techniques (including employing stops).

Also beware of ennui when it comes to HARV. Otherwise congratulations on your accuracy!

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Management schmanagement, The scam forex market consistently gobbles up timid little 30, 40 or 50 pip stops. I would have lost half my trades that way. 200-300 pip stops baby! That's how I won when I had my HARV on. Management will serve me well now that I'm in a much fairer game , something with long term prospects, RV Sports Wagering Team.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:47 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Technical analysis is not trivial. You just can't slap on a parabolic and hope things work out.

Consider the parallel between finding the correct technical analysis tool and cuing. It takes a prerequisite amount of knowledge to be able to cue a particular subject matter (e.g. finding things). Just because you figured out how to cue an optimum trajectory, doesn't imply that you can effectively RV the subject, analyze it, or even use that information effectively.

30-40 pip stops work wonderfully on certain assets and market conditions while a correlated pair will can make those same stops result in complete and total misery. You can't look at FX in an unknowing vacuum.

RV certainly can give you the right answer, but the right answer without a specialized implementation strategy is worthless.

Knowing when to exit is as important as knowing when to enter.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

From forex trader Barbara Rockefeller's book Technical Analysis For Dummies:

"You'd think that after 100 years of development, traders would have a rule book with a single set of steps to take and processes to go through. But they don't.

...Just as no one can name the single best way to cook an omelet, no one can dictate a single best way to trade a particular price situation.

To blend technical methods with your own personal risk profile isn't the work of one day. It's a lengthy and difficult process."

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:12 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Hey Blankeye,

Where do I start if I want to learn about the forex trading, such as where to register the account, the rules and prerequisite? I checked with my bank from Canada and they said they don't know of any thing with foreign exchange and margins 1:200 ratio. Where do you do your forex trading?

I am new to this and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Clara

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
"You'd think that after 100 years of development, traders would have a rule book with a single set of steps to take and processes to go through. But they don't."

Dumbest quote ever.

Trading is very competitive. The moment one firm gets an advantage, the race is on as other firms do everything possible to eliminate that edge.

Typically in the prop trading landscape, an "advantage" only lasts a few weeks before the competition figures out what the edge is and either matches or bests the firm. Millions of dollars have been spent just to increase internet connectivity by just a couple microseconds to gain an edge for a month.

Everything gets arbitraged away. Everything except RV.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Kocmodpom,
Do you secretly post on zerohedge under the name Tyler Durden? :wink:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:29 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Hahahaha, his knowledge base of financial markets is well beyond mine. In that regard RV has shunted any serious growth in attempting to understand FM at his breadth. But when you don't know something, find someone who is much smarter and maybe something good will rub off.

In financial markets I have found that conspiracies rise from those incapable of understanding from where the legitimate underlying factors/causation of an event originate.

As a prime example, (I am not busting anyone's balls intentionally). The big collapse in gold, wasn't just a collapse in gold, it was also, copper, and platinum. Conspiracy theorists would have you believe the illuminati did it to allow China to buy more hard assets cheaply, when in reality, it was the opposite reason. Those falls were precipitated by a rather large margin hike on futures, forcing liquidations of overleveraged speculators, crushing the price. So guess what happened? Those long Chinese positions were caught in a long-squeeze and they took a bath. The only real solution for them is to float the currency (which we want them to do, and which they do not).

For those thinking the "illuminati" caused the housing bubble and profited from it should read "The Big Short" by Michael Lewis. It really is the blind leading the blind and no one in positions of power having a clue of the implications of their actions. Not a conspiracy.

Remote view some of this for yourself.

Most recent CME Group precious metals margin increase / purpose

http://www.scribd.com/doc/67356501/Chadv11-355

http://www.scribd.com/doc/66096748/Gold-Margin-Hike-9-23

Here is an alternate cue idea that may/may not work but is left as an exercise for the student.

It won't be one session but an entire project (probably over 100 pages).

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

We all know the CME is a prestigious group of individuals with extremely high moral standards and would never manipulate... I mean raise margins for anything but the upcoming Dodd-Frank bill... I mean for anything but sound economic reasons.

Interesting cue Kocmo, I may try it out if I have some free time.

Personally, I find the Turd's (over at tfmetalsreport.com) explanation on recent precious metal event's quite interesting.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

lol @ illuminati
Come to think of it perhaps 'illuminati' might be worth running a session on?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:24 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

kocmodpom wrote:
The big collapse in gold, wasn't just a collapse in gold, it was also, copper, and platinum. Conspiracy theorists would have you believe the illuminati did it to allow China to buy more hard assets cheaply, when in reality, it was the opposite reason. Those falls were precipitated by a rather large margin hike on futures, forcing liquidations of overleveraged speculators, crushing the price. So guess what happened? Those long Chinese positions were caught in a long-squeeze and they took a bath. The only real solution for them is to float the currency (which we want them to do, and which they do not).

Keep talkin' sense, Kocmo; maybe somebody will listen. Oh, and the paper market in commodities is larger than the physical market by, what 100x? 1000x? Can you say "counterfeit gold"? Don't by a coin before biting into it.

RVRobot wrote:
You must have missed the part of the DVD that outlines proper money management techniques (including employing stops).

The number one reason people make money investing is money management. The number one reason people don't make money is money management.

Money management is to investing what staying in structure is to RV; that's how you know that you will succeed at what you are doing, and not doing it, it's how you know you will fail.

Edwin wrote:
"You'd think that after 100 years of development, traders would have a rule book with a single set of steps to take and processes to go through. But they don't."

If there were hard-and-fast rules for making money in the market, _I_ could write the program. As one of my trading instructors said: "You've got to know when to break your own rules." [PS: I have some former colleges who tried to get me into that business... way too fast, way toooooo scarey... and they are still at it, calculating futures probabilities milliseconds before the trade... uhuhuhuhhhhh....]

But there aren't any hard-and-fast rules. And arbitrage programs without money management are, well, there really aren't any...

Let me throw one out there:

Quote:
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”

Or one I really like:

Dirty Harry - Magnum Force wrote:
"A man's got to know his limitations."

Stay out of markets you can't even pretend to understand.

In the Great Red Gator Futures Trading Adventure Darling Wife and I had to concur before having results. Even then I'm not blaming RV for the failures... we did not even get to the end of the stated experiment.

The guys who keep at it and don't commit serious dollars until their results are good and consistent are the smart ones...

Speaking part DVD4 00:17:49

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:26 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Well said my friend. Well said.

For those of you who want to begin to crack a real (statistical) understanding of risk management I will recommend the most important book in the world:

"The Mathematics of Options Trading" by C.B. Reehl (Amazon Link)

Pages 123 through 152 should be of interest to EVERYONE who participates in games of chance such as options, futures, and sports betting (although understanding the mathematics in pages 23-67 would be helpful as well.)

Yes sportsbetting is no different than options trading, i.e. proper evaluation of probabilities, and application of mathematical advantage through proper bet sizing.

In fact nearly all the examples of calculating bet sizes in the first third of the book uses horse races and dice games as examples. Certainly if you can grasp these concepts and actually calculate your "Optimal f*"

Why do all remote viewers fail at sports betting/financial markets? Over-leveraging.

Pages 140-147 is critical to understand how short-term results can absolutely diverge from long-term statistical trends.

What is your risk of ruin?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

About the Forex..... I would like to add.... this is just my opinion based on hard experience.....

Dont use Forex.com like I did.... their 'news' and information is manipulated or late in order to misinform their subscribers. This is done because they are a 'market maker' taking positions which are sometimes against their subscribers.

Use FXCM instead, last I checked, they were neutral, ( i.e. not placing trades for themselves) They have a great site and great information.

If you are already on Forex. com, and dont want to switch, then completely disregard their news and information, and only use the economic info. from FXCM site, or some other neutral source.

Thu May 24, 2012 2:01 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I actually have a complaint filed against FXCM with the CFTC for ridiculous fills well away from their quoted bid/ask prices around news events. Not a fan of them anymore.

When the market opens, try checking out:

http://www.forexfactory.com/brokers.php#spreads

You can see which are talking s*** and which ones are actually delivering. FXCM tends to manipulate these so their quotes stop showing up. They are fine for cutting your teeth via a micro account but stay away after you have that down.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Hi kocmodpom,

Have you looked at Interbank FX?

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:09 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

kocmodpom wrote:
It really is the blind leading the blind and no one in positions of power having a clue of the implications of their actions. Not a conspiracy.

Except for one particular bank who is a stock holder of the Federal Reserve and appears to have very above average monthly win ratios.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Insider trading does not a conspiracy make.

Jazzman wrote:
Hi kocmodpom,

Have you looked at Interbank FX?

I have not. Any thoughts on it?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 am
Profile WWW