It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:41 pm

review & q : the elusiveness of "now" ? 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post review & q : the elusiveness of "now" ?
Ok, a little story about the following cue:

OBJECT / CONTENT OF BOX LABELLED "KATE-RVBOX" LOCATED IN KATE'S STUDIO CLOSET / MOST SIGNIFICANT FEATURE / NOW

I had asked Kate to empty out a box so she could place objects in it to RV (I also have a box labelled ANGEL-RVBOX in my closet). The box contained various items before it was emptied. She had placed a calculator in the box for the first session, unknown to me of course. After the session, Kate revealed the object to me. My session hardly seemed like it was depicting a calculator. I figured perhaps I was just "off".

The next day I was in her studio discussing something inane. I looked around the room aimlessly and spotted this object that was nearly EXACT what my session was. I was astounded. It was a favorite object of hers, a samurai-sword letter opener. Although she is fond of the object I had never remembered seeing it before (but had heard her make reference on occassion). All in all its possible I may have seen it at some point in the past, but .. if you had asked me, I would have said "no".

I was a bit taken aback and asked her if the object had been in the box before she emptied it. She replied "yes".

What I'm trying to figure out is why the "now" was off.
It is rather clear to me that the letter opener is what I was viewing.
(analytical shown .. definitely not a calculator)
(also, there are kandji inlays of the object above the cloth wrap. Perhaps it is this that is reflective of the intangible "wisdom" that is written in the session)

It is likely that it would have been in there when I designed the cue, if that means anything. Although I am under the impression "now" should have captured when the cue was worked, right? Or perhaps is it the subconscious needing to be trained on how to hone in on the exact "now" ?

thoughts from anyone?

Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:51 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

The cue is a mess...'now' is not elusive.

Rather than slip-sliding through time, use this:

Kate's RV target box/inside/now

Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:40 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Thank you for the reply...

Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:16 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Btw: I'm assuming that the sketch is a Site Template. It should be labeled as such. Also, the attendant labels are missing from the key percepts.

Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Impressed
F_Angel, Hi I am impressed at the sketch of the sword and was wondering how long
you have been RV'ing for ?. Have you worked through all of the DvD's ?
If so how long did this take ?.

Regards

Omega

Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:45 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Ed: yes, Site Template. noted, and thank you.

Omega:
Thank you. I am only in the beginning stages. Although I have owned all of the DVDs since mid January 2005, I have only viewed courses 1 & 2. I have been determined to only progress forward when I feel I have reached a certain level of skill at each level. I have run less than 30 sessions. I started off strong in my study, and then allowed myself to be distracted. I have recently returned with a greater determination to continue my focus. I wouldnt be too impressed with my skill. Its a skill, I seem to get out what I put in. Not too unlike playing a guitar or computer programming. There are good habits and bad habits that I fall into. I am impressed and thankful of Ed, his team, and this community for their constant interaction and helpful direction.

There are so many things beyond the simple 5 senses of this world. Ed's DVD set is one of the very few definitive hands-on how-to "skill builders" to systematically develop a repeatable proficiency in reaching beyond the common experience of life.

said differently: it works. its not magical, but it is amazing. initial results are nearly instantaneous. More reliable results have occured when I have been the most dedicated to it.

Perhaps I have overshot the bounds of your question. If so, my apologies. At least the testimonial will stand for others.

As for me, I still remember what it was like learning to play guitar. In the beginning it was *incredible* to begin to hear my own fingers create a similar sound to what was on the radio, while onlookers chuckled with amusement. Five years+++ and hundreds of practice hours later, everybody listens and says "wow. woah. oooh. aah." I imagine RV is much the same. Today, I'm satisfied to be improving by learning my RV "notes and scales". True skill will come after much rehearsal. Virtuosity I imagine will come when I stop thinking about it.

If you're ever up for exchanging some TRNs, I'm all for it.

--Angel

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post WoW ! !
f_Angel
Wow !, What can I say but, I am even more impressed that you have only been
doing this since January ! cool. I would agree that it would be like learning to
play the guitar ! started to learn last year, I am very slow with the guitar,
time being the main thing. But it all comes down to "how much wants to learn
something ". That then dictates how much effort will be expended.

I have the old tapes from years back I could not find anyone to work with
and I did not have a PC, plus people thought I was a bit "Out there" , so
to speak, and thus my efforts dwindled. But I am determined to get back
in the saddle and get the new DvD's and get cracking now that I have a
PC at my disposal.

Getting others to exchange TRN's is a great way to go ! I am all for it ! !.
I will send some to you and then you can do the same.

Regards

Omega

Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:52 pm