It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 6:03 am

I'm learning to draw on the right side of the brain 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post I'm learning to draw on the right side of the brain
I think learning to draw like this should be easy enough for the average Joe. Maybe I over complicate things, but after 20+ years of rushing to troubleshoot elevators, always in a rush and whatnot, now i find it hard to slow down. I have this problem with a remote viewing session too, i do 3 aspects in about 18 minutes and find it hard to slow down even when i want to... Feels lile i have a drill sargeant in my brain ordering me to pick up the pace. I ask my left brain to play nice, but it doesn't take kindly to sitting back. Instead it bombards me with more suggestions, and feels the need to constantly explain what part im sketching. The book talks about beingnin that state of mind where one drives a car, that and mowing the fields is when i can get peace from my left brain.

There is a section in the book about reading upside-down cursive writing, which should be impossible but i dont have a problem doing it. I can read left to right, right to left, upside down an mirrored no problem.

I think part of my brain not cooperating come from me having a difficult birth, i should never have made it, i was stuck in the birth canal for way too long and incompetent communist doctors didn't know of realise something was up. Only when an old doctor saw my mother still laboring after he came in on the next morning did he order an emergency c-section. Seemingly im normal, but i never got tested for anything and i suspect i may have some ADHD and autistic tendencies. All my life i had a "little voice" in my head telling me to do the wrong things, to hurt people and to do the exact oppsite of what needed to be done. It is so exact that if i do manage to do the exact opposite of what this voice in my head says i can find things and navigate. Except that it is hard not knowimg when it is little voice telling me the exact opposite or if im just having an internal monologue or it is a left brain input, because they sound the same. My life is also full of AOL images. Hundreds a day, all wrong, all showing what is not going to happen, yet I somehow "know" things. Not reliably enough and i can't force it, but sometimes i will have answers to imlossible things straight out of nowhere. Again not enough to be financially feasible, and usially on topics I'm not emotionally involved in. I don't know why I'm telling you all this, other than maybe some of you can relate and perhaps offer a suggestion.

So, drawing on the right side of the brain. Page 52, upside-down Picasso

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:43 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: I'm learning to draw on the right side of the brain
Thanks for sharing this Norbert.

"Ever desire-less, one can see the mystery.
Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations."

Our beliefs, emotional programs, objects of achievement in our reward-circuits, and other attachments tend to skew which spontaneous manifestations of mind we like the best.

Remember you are not your mind, or your body; they are YOURS. You are the awareness of them.

A regular meditation practice, like 15 - 25 mins a day will probably bring you more peace/tranquility as it helps make the differentiation between sh*t and shine-ola more obvious. Stay rooted in the unrealized potential (dark side) of the yin & yang; observe the 10,000 things come and go while the 'you' remains unfettered.

As a visual of this phenomenon of untrained mind, I imagine what happens when X-men character Cyclops https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops_(Marvel_Comics) removes his special eyewear.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:35 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: I'm learning to draw on the right side of the brain
I was looking for other teaching aid and found this guy. Because i have broad shoulders it is hard to look away from the paper, his trick to cover my drawing hand and pencil with paper seems like it just might do.

He also suggests not taking the pencil off the paper, will try that too

https://youtu.be/-s4TezlYZJg

Tue May 04, 2021 9:55 pm